Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thinking swimsuits

I love Chez Ami fabric. It is excellent quality and great colors and designs for baby, toddler and the older child.

I got this swimsuit fabric yesterday. It is definitely not swimsuit weather in Georgia, not yet anyway. I have been on a roll sewing spring and summer outfits... but now I feel a swimsuit coming on!



I know I'll use an Ottobre pattern, just not sure which one. I will be making this in a 2/3T. I will have to do some measuring and comparing of sizes before the initial cut.



I would like some black lycra to trim the swimsuit in, but I don't have any in my stash. The nearest fabric store that has swimsuit fabric is 60 miles away so ...I will probably just use a black rolled hem for accent. Which I think will be fine.
Happy sewing to all
See ya,
Peachy




3 comments:

Cindy said...

I made both of those patterns the end of last summer. They are both great! Can't wait to see yours.:)

ShirleyC said...

Peachy, I just ordered some fabric from Chez Ami plus I already have some to use up! I looked at that print, and I've kept passing it by for some reason. I like your swimsuit pattern. I need to get a pattern for swimsuits. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Cole's Corner said...

I'm going to attempt making my girls swimsuits this year, too. I've never made one before. I can't wait to see yours! I love the fabric.