Monday, January 25, 2010

Sewing for Audrey




I've decided to create a blog to document my creations. Lots to learn here. Notice I uploaded the same image twice. I don't know how to delete it. Lots and lots to learn for this sewing Nana.

I thoroughly enjoy sewing for my youngest granddaughter. Her name is Audrey she just turned 2 years old. She loves everything I sew for her. Her greatest delight is going in Nana's sewing room.
She love to drag out sewing scraps.

The pattern I used is "Tana Tutu Dress" by Nanoo Designs
I did modify the straps.

This lil sundress was made using Chez Ami fabric. I used a paisley fabric for lining.
I cut a strip of nylon chiffon and used my ruffling foot to attach it to the lining. I'm pleased with the results. It's Cute, Cute even if I did make it myself!

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Gorgeous! I really love your work - perfect applique, and I hadn't thought of using ruffled nylon chiffon as a faux petticoat. My daughter has a couple of RTW skirts with this finish but I always think the tulle makes them scratchy. Not a problem with nylon chiffon!

Megbud said...

Really pretty. The nylon chiffon is such a good idea. I love your colours too.

Ps. to delete a pic, "edit" the post, then click on the picture, and press delete.

Vonnevo said...

Peachy, the outfits you sew are adorable !
Can you please let me know which embroidery design you used for the Birdie outfit?